Monday 29 October 2007

Everyone is sick but me......

For the past 5 days Dearest Husband and Lil'Bug have been sick. It started with her,"Bad poopies!" and went downward to fever and coughing and snot and more snot and the very worst part of it all: crankiness.

Everyone is cranky, or was cranky, over the weekend. This was very much not fun. It made me cranky too. It made nothing get done. Not the second fireplace stone, not the window repair, not the cleaning, nothing. My sister took me shopping on Sunday and I was a bowl full of joy, let me say. 1st a lady ran a stop sign, we both stopped in time, AND THEN SHE FLIPPED ME OFF! and went. Why? I clearly had the right of way. Then, once my heart slowed down, we parked and went in to shopping complex. When finished and returned to car, a HUGE SUV parked so close to my driver's side that the SUV door was touching my side mirror. I had to climb in the passenger side. This would not be a big deal but for the fact that because I am 4'10" the seat has to be adjusted very close to teh steering wheel for me to see out. Imagine pregnant lady trying to circus bend just to get into driver's seat. I was pissed. I couldn't do it. I got out and re-examined the situation. It made me even madder. I looked for a handicap tag (none) or something that would explain why the SUV had done this. On SUV's driver's side, there is 6 ft of space between them and the next car. SUV is parked at an angle and 3 ft over the line (that's supposed to be) between my car and theirs. Sigh. I try again. I have to readjust my seat all the way back just to get in.

I hate driving. When I started my car to leave the parking lot of rudeness, my transmission when CLUNK. Waaaaah.

So, I spent a lovely afternoon watching my sister shop for things she may or may not have actually needed, but I was with her and that was nice. I didn't grade papers because it is unfair to my students to grade while cranky. Oh, and my cell phone is not working properly, so I ended up more cranky with Dear Husband when he was late home because I missed his call that he would be late.

I've been thinking this morning how to combat the itch of crankiness that is again creeping over my day. Lil'Bug is feeling better, my kitchen is clean, laundry caught up, floors mostly vacuumed.......today we are cleaning out the car before taking it to the shop, stopping at the library, and having lunch with grandpa. All very nice things. Today it is supposed to be 66 degrees out: we will come home and spend the afternoon working in the garden. It's time to pull down the last harvest and compost the plants this week. It's time for the change of seasons.

5 comments:

  1. Oh!
    Oh dear.

    In times like that I think "retaliate!" and long to leave them a detailed note attached to their windshield wiper.

    It usually begins with Hey Jackass!!!!

    Sorry.

    Dh laughs (and cries with me) 'cause he says I'm idealistic and expect everyone to do the right thing all the time.
    Well of course!!

    Trouble with that is, I actually expect it, and am extremely put out when they don't. Or won't.

    Trying to say empathizing with you, and I'm on your side.
    Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the great and infinite wisdom of the universe...I had no pen and paper with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you, Mama!! So sorry to hear about your weekend!

    Sending warm and positive thoughts your way and hoping all gets better tomorrow.

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite line:

    I didn't grade papers because it is unfair to my students to grade while cranky.

    Classic! I think I had a few teachers that ONLY graded when cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, sorry for the double reply, but since I have 43045983045 things to do tonight, I'm choosing to sit here surfing the web.

    I found another site--this one with your bad parking motif. Did the SUV look like any in these pics?

    http://badparking.wordpress.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.