Friday 10 August 2007

One Buggy Night

The Creepy Crawly Cookout.....it occurred to both Dear Husband and I at the same time how interesting it was that they chose to serve hot dogs. Yummmmmy.

Lil'Bug had a great time, mostly because she loves bugs and dear husband caught and jarred six specimens to be identified by the "expert" etymologists, and quite a bit because Mama B and her boys were there too.

I was not impressed by the undergraduate students (who were likely failing Bug 101 and needed extra credit) who identified 3 of our mystery spiders as.....spiders. Seriously. Our fly that looked like a bee....."I'm pretty sure that's a fly that looks like a bee," said the "expert" and our squash beetles, "Yes, that's definitely a bug." ???? Very disappointing. I am considering emailing their supervising TA (I asked and they provided me his contact information), on the other hand they were there, which is likely all they needed to be.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Husband says I'm being too hard on the undergrads.....they were nice to the kids and were enthusiastic about handling the bugs. Fine. That is true. :) So, I did NOT email their TA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! You get to see Mama B and her sweet boys in real life?! Pooh! She is one of my fave fellow turtle lovers.
    Bug night looked like fun, despite the undergrads.;-)
    LB

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.