Monday 6 April 2009

Puppy Love

My lovely Lil'Bug. Aunt Bee came to visit our farm with her fiance and we had a blast tromping through the woods..... even with the event filled start.....

You see, we heard gunshots. Then ducks flew up off our pond.  It's not duck season. I don't think it's any season actually. Also, private property? No trespassing signs? 

So Dearest tromped ahead and met the guys who were actually just shooting at turtles in our pond. The conversation went something like this:
"Sorry, our boat took on water so we borrowed yours. Hope you don't mind."

Dearest, "Well, actually I very much mind. You guys have guns?"

"We were just shooting at turtles."

Just. Shooting. At. Turtles. Using our boat. Trespassing. They drove onto the wet lawn too, leaving deep tire tracks. Dearest handled the rest beautifully.

They were apologetic and the left. We continued our marshy tromp.

Oh, and we have a new family member! This is Moon Puppy 2. 


Seriously? New puppy? What was I thinking? I have never experienced the overwhelmed mom thing that most people complain about with a new baby and other kids (because I just slack off on housework and other stuff and snuggle the babes)....until the puppy. 

Of course I had just settled in to a good housekeeping routine (cough cough, Nana and Paw Paw came and cleaned house) and planting season is starting up when we decide that the opportunity of a new friend having just the breed we want and our farm need were to awesome to ignore. 

She's had a rough start here, but everything will work out just fine. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the puppy name!! You can do it! You are supermom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore my silly dog.... but I find it funny that I have had more moments of wondering if I'm really meant to be a pet-owner due to the frustration of the first year of puppy Mocha life (my puppy's name is Mocha ... she turns 1 year on the 15th of April).

    As I sit here writing this my lovely dog is at the groomer and I'm enjoying having all the doors in my house open.

    Kids are easier then dogs..... scary as that sounds...


    Moon Puppy is sooooo cute though.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.