Saturday 4 April 2009

Pumpkins

Oh my do I love pumpkins. They were the first vegetable I eve planted that grew, the first that I ever processed for storage, and the first I ever used for fresh (not boxed) baking projects.  So, this year I have a HUGE space just for pumpkins and melons and I am going a little but nuts. I know I will have excess produce (given there is not an insect or disease plague) and I plan on having a great big pumpkin party in the fall. I think this may be what I end up selling at market this year too. 

I can't wait!

That said, if you have a packet of strange squash and want to throw down some seed...... just talk to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.