Thursday 4 February 2010

Little Acts of Love......

This week I am making a fabulous dinner every night of the week, ready just as Dearest walks in the door. I am making sure he has some quiet time before bed to read. I am trying not to say anything harsh. Yes, I should strive to do these things everyday but life with kids on a farm doesn't make that possible. This week I am going to put some extra effort into it because he is attending an IT training thing that is Microsoft and it is exhausting and boring and all day long.

I am also trying to put into action some of the strategies from Siblings Without Rivalry. So far it is slow going, but we are seeing results. Some basics are: regarding sharing, respect property rights- don't force sharing, encourage it. This, above all, has really helped the sister fighting. But it is still happening and with increasing force as the baby gets her own ideas about play and rules and ownership. She is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you ~ thanks for sharing. I need to work on my "pleasant welcome" for the Prince. I've noticed an increasing strain and snippiness in our communication...the universe is reminding me...in a lovely package known as Mama P:)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.