Friday 12 February 2010

Growing Up, Little Gifts


Some times life gives us little gifts. This week Lil"Bug "polished" her room. She's kept it almost this clean all week. A couple times she's asked for my help (by assigning me "chores" which actually amounts to, "Hey Mama, if I pick up the toys and make the bed, will you put away my dress up clothes?" I am totally cool with that.) She's read books to her sister and kept her fish fed. She's insiting on starting the night in her own bed and asking for lots of alone time. Growing up. Someday these things won't mean so much to her and the months and years will fly by with no discernable difference, I am glad that she's still little enough for me to bask in the glow of her wonderment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.