Saturday 14 November 2009

Family Matters

Friday afternoon our family gathered after the services for my beloved aunt. We ate, laughed, cried, hugged, and shared memories.

Oh, and Cousin C. brought out his fiddle. Lil'Big laughed and danced and tried to sing in Cajun French. She might have my language skills, but she definitely loves the fiddle. She really wants lessons right away and C. let her try and play. She did really well for her first touch!

C. has only been playing for 3 or so years, but wow. The music just breaks my heart though, as Cajun waltzes tend to do. I tear up and long for home.

The day was also full of fun and exploration for Blueberry and Aunt Bee. Blueberry was introduced not so cordially to Texas fire ants and mosquitoes. Everything is bigger in Texas, even mosquito bites. Poor baby.

Me, I am just hanging in there. I loved my Aunt Chris. She gave me my first How To Draw kits when I was 16 and really in the rough part of surviving my teen years. She stood in for my Godmother since the one at my baptism left my life in my toddler years. She prayed for me. She loved people unconditionally and my family was always more peaceful and full of laughter when she and her family would come to visit. She will be missed, but always loved.

1 comment:

  1. looks warm! we may need to visit galveston now. and our 'someday' list is so long already.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.