Monday 9 November 2009

Breakfast at the Villa

We came through the kicthen on the way to breakfast. Deedle was busy making Salute to the Troops parfaits. Banana and strawberry rockets, 13 blueberries for the original colonies, and real whipped cream because our soldiers are cream of the crop. It was lovely.

She looks very sharp in her hat and apron.

Her beautiful dining room. I love her built in. I am so counting the days until Dearest puts mine back in.

Lil'Bug led the group in our family prayer. We each get a turn sharing what we are thankful for and ended with Amen. I always feel a little nervous about making others feel uncomfortable, but right now my heart is bursting with thankfulness for all of our blessings, especially on this trip. I may be stranded in TX, but no one was hurt. I do have a place to stay and my family is gathering and supporting each other like I have never seen.

My girls lasted through 2 of the 3 courses of a formal served breakfast, then they were very awake and needed to move and dance and be loud so we excused ourselves.

This was the 3rd course: German Apple Pancake. It is more like bread pudding meets apples and pecans. I would eat this with ice cream at home. It is made in a cast iron skillet type that I don't have. I am going to find one before I leave TX, that's for sure.

I'll post more later. I have come up with a list of things to keep my girls occupied.

4 comments:

  1. Yum. I make German apple pancakes for breakfast often. They are abosulely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun to see you in a photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss Danelle. It seems like you have such a great family in this time of need. That German Apple Pancake, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.