Monday 14 April 2008

Longest Monday Ever

I woke up to a regular Monday. Fed Lil'Bug breakfast, saw Dearest off to work, blogged a bit.....then, well, then I passed a blood clot.

Yeah.

I calmed myself down enough to call Dearest at work and tell him. He headed home. I called the Dr.s office, but no call back. I called our Doula. She said, "Go, go now." Really, there is no good reason for blood. So we went. Pawpaw came to the hospital to get Lil'Bug who was scared and worried too. I'm only almost 33 weeks.

They monitored, they prodded and poked (which hurt a lot! to the point of embarassment). The ultra sound showed June Bug a perfectly happy and active baby girl, placenta intact, mucus plug intact, cervix tight. My stats were good too. What they didn't find was the fibroid. No confirmation, but the going guess is that it broke, dissolved, and that is what passed. My gut tells me that is what happened. I am relieved, but the scare was a bit much for me and I ended up sleeping for a good deal of the afternoon. And, yes, lots of tears.

Dearest took me out to lunch and then home (after picking up Lil'Bug) and we puttered around for a bit in the garden. Here are some more progress pictures:


And a weird cocoon type thing. Any ideas? It is on a Lilac.

I really need a macro lens. I thought I would end up needing a zoom lens more, but a macro seems like it would fit better with all the close ups I've been doing. Oh, yeah, and the MAGNOLIAS are budding!

Lil'Bug loves mud bugs. Dearest and Lil'Bug also caught a nasty bug, or what they thought might be one. We took a break to look up Emerald Tree Borer. What they caught was NOT one. Whew. We don't have Ash trees in our yard, but still, nasty bug!

Then I went inside and slept. So much for getting laundry done!

Also, as a side note: EVERY THURSDAY SINCE THE WARM UP, IT HAS RAINED OR SNOWED OR BEEN AWFUL OUT. It's not fair. That is our park day! It means we go swimming instead, but still, park days are coveted. I just looked at the week's weather forcast and lo and behold, Thursday 70 percent chance of THUNDERSTORMS but sunny all the rest of the week. Gah. It could be worse; we turned the boiler off for the season so worse would be snowing and frigid.

Also, through some strange act of fate, I reconnected with a friend from high school who is also due in June. Amazing. We had lots in common then, more now. Different things now. :) So that's a happy ending to a very, very long day.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything is ok with JuneBug! Rest up, ok?

    I *think* that is a praying mantis egg case on your lilac! It looks a lot like the ones we bought. If so, you are very lucky and blessed. In a few weeks (check the web for exactly how long) you will have baby mantids all over your garden! Very good pest control, and a wonderful science lesson, too. You can bring it in and put it in an old aquarium and watch it hatch, and then release the babies into your garden. If you don't release them soon enough, they will eat each other (ask me how I know).

    Take care,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relieved Li'l Junebug is looking good. That healthy diet must've scared that fibroid away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blood is so scary...with us at right before 32 weeks, it unfortunately wasn't as nice an outcome (well, Liv was of course, but the route it led too...). Glad to hear it went okay. God's just clearing a path for a healthy entrance to the world.
    Oh, and so jealous of the magnolia. We had a huge one in Colfax, and I so wanted to save the money to have it moved out to the farm. I need to find one for out here. I love those first blooms in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you had a scare yesterday but I'm glad to hear that June bug is doing fine. Love you guys!

    Aunt Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it happened again... I left a comment, that somehow disappeared. Ugh... :(

    Well, I was just saying that I love the terms Dearest and Lil Bug. It's so sweet.

    And I'm very glad you are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I'm so glad you and Junebug are ok!!! Sorry that you had such a scare but thank goodness all was well.

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad it was nothing bad! Passing blood when PG is always scary.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.