Tuesday 8 April 2008

Baby Update: 32 Weeks

Well, 32 weeks is here. I have to say today was one of my most disappointing care visits. There was trace amount of sugar in my urine. I gained 3 lbs, not 2. I have a history of GD in my family, often severe and late onset. Now the OB wants to see me, but not for those reasons. Just because they couldn't let me get away with just seeing a non-attending Midwife. It's not like the Dr. I will see will likely be attending either. Either way, I'll be birthing the baby not them, but the whole hoop jumping thing undermines my confidence. I'm tired and cranky and tired.

I also will likely not be able to drive after this week. Why? Well, I'm 4'10 1/4"- not quite a midget but really, really close. This means I have the seat of our car adjusted so I can reach the pedals and see out and the combination has my belly almost to the steering wheel. Not comfortable but definitely not safe either. Luckily the weather is warming up so we can be outside in our awesome but needs a lot of work back yard, but we will miss park days and that will be very upsetting to Lil'Bug. Looking into another option for driving, we took Dearest's beloved truck in for an oil change and look over........

Right. We had an extra paycheck coming in this month. The repair bill is 13$ off of the entire amount. All are things that MUST be fixed or the truck will catch on fire or the front axel will snap or the steering wheel fly out the window while driving down the interstate. Hmph. And the repair guy said all are things the truck was about due for anyway and it could be worse. It could be. It could have done all of those crashing while on fire things or we could have spent the extra income before finding out the bill total......so all in all a blessing. Right? Now the problem is getting in and out of the truck for me with huge belly is a big deal. If we do switch vehicles I will likely only drive to 1 or 2 park days (weather willing) a week and that's it. Also, we'll save money switching vehicles because of gas prices and me not going out and about as much.

So, today I cried. I am frustrated about lots of things and then I feel guilty because I should be joyful and then I cry some more. I never cry, but the last three days it's been like Alice in Wonderland when she floods the world. It's hormones. Hormones + laundry = tears. Ugh.

9 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie,
    I am sorry you had a not so great visit and that you are frustrated. Crying is ok, really it is.

    I am an almost midget too, although I have 1 1/2 inches on you. I had the same trouble with the steering wheel and driving. It wasn't as bad the first time around as I drove a VW bug, but I had to stop driving the last month the 2nd pregnancy, so I hear you.

    Maybe you can have a couple of playdates in your back yard in lieu of park days? Or pack a picnic supper and have your Dearest take you guys to the park in the evenings or on the weekends?

    Hang in there- this sweet June Bug will be so worth your belly bumping the wheel.
    Sending hugs,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you say not long ago that you tend to carry things around instead of crying?
    Cry it out instead, by all means!
    think of it as cleansing, and not carrying junk (that you don't need to host) around with you!!
    It will be better very soon!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending you hugs... though i don't know why. i am an emotional pregnant woman, too, and you made me cry because you're crying. have you tried crying when you can't breathe??? it's not really pleasant... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LB: What kind of VW did you have? I had a 1971 Super Beetle that was bright orange!

    Stephanie: too true. But that is why crying is so upsetting to me. I feel so out of control.

    Laura! I so did not mean to make you cry too! Oh no. I hope you feel better soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be in town next Wed in the morning...maybe I could see YOUR house and we could play date to make it a little less dungeon-ish? I have been there, only I wasn't allowed off the couch unless I needed to pee...Only a few more weeks and then the bliss begins! Email me;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your visit!! I agree with Stephanie, crying is so cleansing and cathartic.

    On the midget status, my sister is also tiny at 4'11"!

    Hey, I want to cry when I see the laundry, too. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A 1070 VW bug, sky blue, though I really wanted that shiny apple green color. My dude (though he wasn't mine at the time) had a black 71 super beetle at the same time. In fact, at one point, we had a total of 4 Bugs! Too funny- yet another thing you and I have in common!
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh... pregnancy! As much as I love my kids... I was NOT a great pregnant woman. And I despised those darn commercials and advertisements of happy pregnant women dressed in white and pink with skinny ankles and beautiful faces.

    Oh, and who said you're supposed to be joyful? I think we all know it's just not going to be that way.

    Take good care of yourself... and cry if you need to. You'll feel better afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whimsigirl's sister here and I'm actually 5' even. They measured me when I was pregnant with my little one. We short women know all too well how important that extra inch is. Anyway, I feel your pain on the height/pregnancy/driving. I had those same problems myself. It is frustrating. I am a lot like you and don't like to cry either. I tend to hold it all in & then watch out when I do finally cry. Stephanie is right, it really is good to cry. It always makes me feel better in the end.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.