Tuesday 21 January 2014

This Week Has Been Hard

This week has been hard. Rosie our family cow had to be put down after a long 30 days of trying to nurture her back to health, Chad got sick after being gone for two days hunting, and school started in earnest for DMACC which means I spent my days answering emails and getting students settled in to classes and redirect textbook searches.

Tired. So today I took the kids to the Science Centre, only it was closed.

There were tears.

We ended up down the street at the free Historical Museum.








The docent at the welcome desk remembered us. Last time we visited Isaac was not yet walking! That was what, 4 months ago? How time flies. How grateful we are for his daily progress! He started running, actually running!

Holly was still sad though, and not much we did helped. Lily and Isaac danced for her and sang songs and nothing helped. She went to bed early too. Poor, sweet Holly.

As for me, my grief is harder to deal with. I'll pick up writing in a few days I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.