Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bright Tea for a Winter Boost



Recipe for Bright Tea
8 small rose hips or 2-4 large ones
1 slice of ginger or galanga
1 T of dried Spearmint
4 dried cranberries
Honey or Maple Syrup- to taste
Lemon, dried or fresh slice
almost or just boiled water (190-205 degrees F)

I made this for Chad when he was feeling a little sick. Rose Hips are high in natural vitamin C, mint and ginger are both excellent for nausea, cranberry for flavour, and maple syrup for natural magnesium OR honey for anti-inflammatory healing. I choose the sweetener based on what the symptom is.  This is a great way for us to use our farm harvested wild rose hips too. I plan on making up a bag for my morning sickness suffering friends too. It is a wonderful soothing, bright tea. I also drink it when the winter blues are hitting me hard. It is caffeine free too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.