Sunday 26 January 2014

Winter is Coming.....Again.


Preparing for this round of winter weather. This is iron wood and it burns long and hot. My favourite to burn right now, though I would have preferred it as a tree. It died two summers ago, suddenly with no indication of a problem. We lost a maple like that too. So it now serves a new purpose on our farm, heating the house and providing cooking heat too. Oh and it smells wonderful.

Lily had been a grumpy girl this week. The last two days of working with her dad outside turned that around. She really is a wonderful young lady.

She has also discovered an app on my phone called Polyvore and has been creating collages of fashion and home decor. It is fun, but I think I am bugging my facebook friends because her creations go straight into my newsfeed. Grandma likes it though, sorry friends!

That's all for now, we are busy preparing for the polar vortex part 2 or whatever it is they are calling this new round of weather. Just 3 weeks left before I set out on my cross country adventure and I have a lot of work to do in writing to prepare for that. Not to mention cleaning, cooking, and general laundry tasks that have to be done before I go. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.