Wednesday 17 July 2013

Dinner Fail.


Sometimes my best intentions are just that, intentions, and everything goes wrong.

I lost my phone and camera so I could not take pictures.

I broke a 1/2 gallon glass jar while washing it and sliced my pinky finger. Blood, drama, mess, rescue.

The package of meat I opened was not the cut I wanted.

Still can't find camera.

Something in the sink was gross and started to stink.

Missing ingredients for the thing I planned to make.

Kids getting frustrated that I asked them to reorganize the art supplies. They start arguing.

Isaac wants to go outside but at 95 degrees that is not an option.

The AC vents start dripping water onto the beds upstairs.

Just not a good set up for a recipe post.

So, I fried up the bacon ends I found, chopped up the stew meat that was supposed to be steak, browned it all in butter. Added crushed tomatoes and some black pepper. Boiled pasta. Easy peasy dinner. Tasty too, but nothing to write home about.

No pictures.

Sometimes life does that, gets in the way of the perfect thing you want to make. Dinner, blog posts, art projects. All of it. I am posting tonight anyway because of my personal challenge to write everyday and sometimes my days are like this, not perfect. Not anywhere near.....but in all of our imperfection is joy. We go with the flow, smile, and cherish each other. None of the kids had any idea I messed up dinner, they gobbled it. My frustrations were not even noticed. At every meal we eat together we share what we are grateful for in the day: Lily was thankful for her calf starting to wean off the bottle, Holly was thankful for her whole family, Chad was thankful for his potato crop, and I am thankful that human beings are technically capable of sleeping. Isaac was asleep (I am hoping later that I will be too....).



This is Lily, trying out writing with ink paint and a peahen feather. See? The issues I had and frustrations didn't even touch her day. She had a great day.

I hope you all did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.