Saturday 13 July 2013

Berries and Friends

Today was full of wonderful. I spent almost the whole day unplugged and deep in the wooded spots on my farm that have no cell signal.

Surrounded by friends, good food, laughing babies....pretty darn near a perfect day. Thank you and good night!


Berries.





Clearly, a good time was had by all. Seriously though, I made chili and bacon wrapped stuffed figs and 3 jugs of iced tea. Then people started showing up and I walked 5 miles in total today, some of it through really tall underbrush and native grasses. My feet HURT.

The day was full of good conversation and laughter and baby smiles. Nothing better in my world. Oh, and people brought me gifts! I got a new Muscovy hen named Sassy, a bag of almonds, galanga for my Thai cooking, blueberries, a pineapple cake (which I sort of shared, but not really), and Swiss chard. Lots of goodies, I know I am forgetting some! Thank you, thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.