Saturday 20 July 2013

Adventures For Summer


I am too tired and to back logged in my online work to spend too much time typing up some thoughts I have had this week on serious subjects so this post is just to gush about how blessed and wonderful this week has been.

Isaac has continued to walk. At first it was just in the afternoons, after lunch. Now, he's at it all day. It just makes my heart explode with joy to see him come around a corner and toddle across the room into my arms. He also taught himself (from the iTouch program) to sign heart. He signs it when we ask him where his heart is, but also does it when I ask him where his love is.... and then he says, Mama.


We had adventures this week. Full speed. Ballet camp, playing with new friends, lunch with one of my mentors and friends. Art class, playing with new friends. A day at home full of farm chores and phone calls and running running running running. Lunch as dragons and princesses on the square.

Finally, we topped off the week with horse lessons and an amusement park trip. Oh the girls were in love. Isaac was frustrated that there were so many rides he was too small for, but kettle corn seemed to make it up to him. Plus, he borrowed a sweet ride.

My girls had never been to a ride park like this. They have been on carousels at the park, zoo, and mall.....but nothing like this. When we got an invitation, I hesitated. It wasn't something that I like to do and I usually lead the adventures....but life and learning are about new experiences and deciding what you like. The girls can decide for themselves. Oh my. They are huge fans, especially Holly. If the ride was fast and furious, she wanted on. She was too little to ride on some without an adult so she drug me on with her. Eek. Not my cup of tea, but holding her in my arms while she screams a joyous and wild, WhooooooooHooooo!!!! is my cup of tea. Oh that girl. She will fly.










No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.