Wednesday 2 December 2009

Explanation of Santa letter.....


Sometimes we get too wrapped up in being adults and only "wanting" what we need instead of dreaming BIG. For me the adventure begins with that big dream and I have never shied away from listing it out, announcing it to the world!


This adventure we are currently living started that way. I want a farm, I announced. I want apple trees. I want a big old four square farm house. Chad said, I want a creek or a pond and woods. Lily said, I want a pony.


And so it began. At the time it was an impossible dream and now look!

As my close group of friends are working on Christmas lists and communicating what they need, but there is not a drop of whimsy or promise in the pot. Christmas needs a bit of singing from a top a teapot wearing a silly hat, yo!


I challenge all of you, write and post your own Santa letter. Put out there what you want for your life, your cupboards, your family, or even just your heart. Shout it out and dream it BIG.


Love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so my crazy "dream big" wish would be moving with my hubby and girls to Africa and spending the rest of our days loving and caring for aids orphans.

    Do you think Santa's got that in his bag?! ;)

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about Santa Amy, but maybe Jesus!! That's an awesome dream!

    As for me, I would love an acreage, 10 acres would suit my fancy! A real Jersey cow and plenty of pasture for my chickens. A pasture area for Nehe to raise some pigs and dreams of 4H and boyscouts for the kids! Then I have dreams of using alot of this land for an organic CSA, Blue Gate Style! However, I'd like to think of a way to have this produce go to lower income families and teach them the importance of eating well, getting out of the habit of boxed and processed food. Cooking classes and involving the Latino Community and troubled youth from the community to intern, learn about real food and a place to feel Christ at work! What a dream, huh! Alas... I'll continue teaching and freelance as I am content that God is providing through that :) Thanks for letting me share Danelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to work hard on my foreign language and Travel to Italy to use it! Maybe if I am really good I can go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, great stuff ladies! The universe is always saying yes ~ like Mama P, I can attest to what looks like blessings and miracles to so many: a dream home in the country, a life partner that delights, critters that make our hearts dance, gardens that amaze and teach me more with each passing year, a creek, woods and more...including treasures like all of you!
    Keep putting it out there:)
    xoxo Pamela

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.