Wednesday 2 December 2009

Dear Santa, Love Mama Podkayne

Dear Santa,

This Christmas I would like my house in Des Moines to sell to a loving owner who appreciates it's history and architecture, but I'd settle for anyone who can offer what we have mortgaged plus closing fees. You know, though if I was wishing big, I'd ask for you to pay for the mortgage and I'd donate the house to orphans. It would make a great orphanage!

I would love to replace all the bee equipment that I had but gave away just when I was feeling hopeless about ever getting a farm. A hive full of bees would be the bees knees too!

A cider press/sausage press like my grandmother used to have. The old fashioned cast iron kind.

A 10 button folk accordion. I know, I can barely pluck out a tune on the piano, but accordion is in my Cajun blood.

I would like my husband to shoot a deer. Not just shoot at a deer, but to hit it and manage to address it for meat. It would do great things for our freezer (though we don't technically have any room), but also for morale.

Appeture.  A macro lens, a zoom lens, and a new uv filter. Maybe a fancy sparkly camera strap.

I also hope for the weather to be nice. We don't have our chimney lined yet so our wood stove is not hooked up and functional.

Oh and world peace while I'm asking for things. I have enlisted family delploying to Afghanistan this summer. I'd like them to come back to their beautiful daughter, even better, make it so they won't have to go at all.

Love, Mama Podkayne

PS, each girl has their own list. I'll send those along soon.

PSS......Say hi to the elves for me, distant cousins they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.