Saturday 27 September 2008

Place

Ultimately, I believe what Wendell Berry says in his last poem in A Timbered Choir: “There is a day when the road neither comes nor goes, and the way is not a way but a place.” That day has come for me. The way to a more sustainable life indeed is a place.

Wow does this passage speak to me right now. I was blog hunting for similar families in our new neck of the woods. She's up in South Dakota (Google is weird sometimes), but I love the poetry of this passage, both in the actual poetry quote and in her response.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is wonderful. Not only am I checking out the link to another great blog, I'm heading the library site to check out some Wendell Berry! This is the stuff that feeds my soul ~ and pie:)

    Thanks for sharing,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.