Monday 2 March 2009

Garden, Late Winter





There are three beds, two were cultivated and one is the bed of a removed tree. These pictures are of the Western bed, where the Concord grapes and strawberries are. The previous family also planted a lot of corn and squash in these beds, so where there is a corn stalk, I will be planting a bean plant. Yum, beans. 

Actually, one of my problems is limiting to this predetermined space. My seed order has already outgrown it. Neat. I'm going to use another area for melons and squash and I think do a row or two of dry beans over with the squash as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun.

    I've started my "companions" list and designs. :)

    Today I get to dig up the strawberries and move them to a better spot (the runners have gone mad.)

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.