Wednesday 21 January 2009

25 Random Things, ala Grub House!

Thanks Heather for posting this challenge, though you didn't tag me......I'm in need of a meme that doesn't require full paragraph formation....

  1. Kool Aid grosses me out.
  2. I want to dye my hair purple. Deep, dark, velvety purple. 
  3. My favourite colour is blue-grey, but I don't like wearing it or painting rooms with it. I love it in flowers, my daughters' eyes, and in sunsets. 
  4. I like using British spellings of words. 
  5. I hate talking on the phone and I avoid it whenever possible. I only have 6 contacts in my phone. If I have called you in the last month, you are likely one of the 6. 
  6. I love Iowa Chops and my secret seasoning is awesome on them. 
  7. It bugs me that people think I am a city creature and will suffer the farm life. I lived on a farm as a kid, burned trash, mucked out chicken houses, shot at things with a gun for target practice, sat in the fire truck during forest and prairie fire calls, and slept outside to watch the stars. Farm life is exactly what I expected. 
  8. I would also like to wear interesting jewelry but I hate wearing jewelry. I wear my wedding ring only. Sometimes a watch, sometimes a pendant, but sometimes is so very rare. 
  9. I don't wear make up either.
  10. I also don't wear sunscreen. 
  11. I need a new tea pot. One that I can clean and is big. Then I will also get a tea pot cozy.
  12. I love, go weak kneed at, big Victorian mansions. I get breathless. I don't ever want to live in one though. Haunted Mansion was close enough. Farm house is a perfect fit for me, balancing the practical with the beautiful. 
  13. I moved to Iowa when I was 16, a junior in high school, and I never got to say goodbye to my best friends in Illinois. One of them contacted me last week after 15 years. Now the other three are also on facebook, but I'm not sure what to say to them now. 
  14. My sister is getting married in July of this year! I have no idea what to wear to the wedding or what to get her as a present. I am super happy she did not ask me to be in the wedding party, even though I love her soooo much. 
  15. I have a new sewing machine I've never used. I want to. I am afraid of the machine.
  16. I love old science fiction. I am giddy that I get to teach it this semester. 
  17. My favorite movie is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. 
  18. I've been in a plane crash. 
  19. I have little patience with stupid people, less with mean people, and even less with a stupid, mean, know it all that I know. She's smart, but vain about it to the point of being unable to admit she's wrong. I hate this because I recognize it in myself sometimes. 
  20. I've had my writing published, poetry and essays. I wish I had time to be more proactive about my work now. 
  21. I am fascinated by bees.
  22. I drink my tea with honey. White sugar bothers me now in a way that it did not before.
  23. My car is currently so dirty the license plate is unreadable. 
  24. I once caught and kept a wild snake as a pet. Not a garter snake either. It was a three foot long Bull Snake, that might have actually been a Black Pine Snake. I let it go after a week. 
  25. When Lil'Bug and I read the description of a changeling in her faerie field guide she thought the description fit her baby sister (because of the hair) and secretly I felt it fit me. I've always been a bit odd, able to spout information about complicated and historical things (American History, Architecture, educational philosophies) and yet fascinated with the everyday mundane simple things like watch gear mechanics, bread baking, and paper. I have zero fashion sense, often wearing unmatched socks, and bad hair. Add that to my very small stature and I've always been the odd one out.  
There 25 things. That was hard!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, fascinating list.
    I drink my tea with honey as well. But there will NEVER be a snake in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing ~ great and interesting stuff. You know, you are perfect exactly as you are, right? A gift to the universe and I for one am so glad my friendship with Needleroozer helped me find this lovely corner of the web.

    Create a great day, and enjoy that lovely farm and beautiful babies.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.