Wednesday 20 June 2007

Packing the stroller?

We are eagerly getting ready for our road trip. Packing the car has been the hardest part; what to bring, what not to bring? I have always looked in amazement at parents who pack horse their strollers just for a playdate at the park. I tried that. All I ever really needed was a few diapers and wipes, maybe a change of clothes, and me (for food source). Most of the time, the diapers stayed in the car anyway, because it was easier to change her there. Maybe it was because I used a ring sling carrier that I didn't need a stroller BUT now Lil'Bug is a bit heavier and I do find myself using the off road stroller for zoo trips and longer outings.

Do I need to pack it for this trip? Here is why I think maybe not. I think she will enjoy our hikes more if we go slow, at her pace, and really explore. With this option, we won't go farther than she can manage and if she falls asleep, then I can sling her but we won't be 3 miles in. Also, many of the paths won't be stroller friendly. The path less traveled.

But, I can pack our lunch and we can spend a whole day in the woods if I stroller her up.

I can't decide yet. It does take up soooo much room in the car. I think we will pack all else and then see.

2 comments:

  1. Pack some sort of tot-hauling device because when she gets tired...which she will...and no longer wants to walk you'll have to carry her.

    In the woods she's got the upper hand because you don't have the luxury of waiting her out when your out there.

    We always carried a sling, a backpack and/or a stroller on trips. Because even with two sets of arms to carry a tot they get heavy!

    It doesn't have to be the rugged stroller it could be the umbrella one. Just so you have something to facilitate tot movement when they don't want to :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have an umbrella stroller and two ring slings. They take up so little space that they are already in the car and I hardly noticed! Any advice for road food? Or rigging up DVD when she can't really see it on the seat beside her? Any sort f entertainment that doesn't involve me pulling over every time she drops it on the floor or seat?

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.