Wednesday 13 June 2007

My Sparklies and Butterflies

I caught myself in the midst of artistic expression while picking out materials for my new bag- I caught myself trying really hard to choose muted olives and maroons BUT my eyes and heart kept being drawn to the purple butterflies. I *love* them. They remind me of this perfect day 14 or so years ago when my hair was that purple and my favorite shirt had all those blues and I had stars and sparklies in my eyes (butterflies in my stomach, heart, whatever) when I looked at my now husband. It was a good day.

My very good friend made this bag just for me. It fits my mactop and its accoutrement and a spare set of bottoms for Lil'Bug AND my wallet and such. If I leave my mactop out, it fits lunch, sunscreen, and a bottle of water wrapped in new outfit for the hippopotamus (Lil'Bug if she finds a mud puddle at the park, yo). It's awesome. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Can a bag do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.