Thursday 6 February 2014

Post a Day Fail

I have been breaking a record here, cleaning and laundry and spending time with the kids to not just get caught up but get ahead. It isn't actually working. Things are still chaos and still unkempt. Bah.

I leave in 6 days. 2 of those are ballet/girlscout/playgroup/freezer swap days. 1 is actual day of departure. 1 is church. So, really I have two days left to get all my classroom grading, announcements done, clean the house 30 more times, and get the laundry wrangled.

I am falling into bed early and that means no blogging. That's not what I need. I need to stay true to my own promise, not self sabotage.

So, here are the things I am worried about:
Holly's first loose tooth. If she looses it while I am gone, my heart is going to break a little.
Lily. She's jealous of my trip. She has said this very clearly. She wants to go too and does not understand why she can't.
Isaac. Never been away from me except for one time when he spent one night at Grampa and Nana's house.

I'm not worried about Chad. I'll hide all the duct tape before I go. Why? The kids might use it on him. He'll put up a good fight and eventually they will let him loose. Right?

That's all. Chad is capable and a wonderful dad. That doesn't mean it will be easy or that they won't miss me or that they will keep the house clean, but they will all be fine.

Still, I am going to miss them like crazy..... while I am having a great time.

So, onward!

1 comment:

  1. A post a day is a mighty big challenge to tackle, especially with young kids! Bravo for giving it a try. I myself can't do it and I'm in awe of people that can!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.