Monday 17 February 2014

Conversation Chewing: Day Two at Ossabaw

Today I said something about how I like to be prepared for anything, plan for most things. Of course, life happens and you cannot be prepared for everything.

But I don't mean stockpiling groceries in a basement room, or carrying a years worth of band aids in my glove box.

I mean, if I can prepare myself mentally for the inevitability that unexpected things happen and be mindfully adaptable. I often run though my mind accident scenarios and escape strategies when driving and I used to think that if I could imagine it first, it couldn't happen. Silly, but I was a child. 

What would you do if a bear was in your path? Or an alligator? Or your car broke down in a blizzard? Or your family was 1000 miles away and something happened? What if?

I used to fight this mental exercise and get anxious. Now I use it, flex the muscle, use it for fodder in fiction. So when I say I am preparing for anything, this is what I mean. I am preparing to be mindful and adaptable.

With that thought? Here are the pictures for day two:



















No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.