Tuesday 18 February 2014

Ossabaw Day 3, More Thoughts

I know I already posted this picture, but I wanted to highlight it. Taking a black and white of trees is so terribly hard. All the greens just melt together! Today though the island was overcast, so I headed out. My computer needs to charge after workshop, so I plug it in and tell everyone I am going to charge me back up in the woods. We have to say where we are going in case we get eaten by alligators or some such.

Taking this picture wasn't hard, it was knowing what kind of lighting I needed and taking the opportunity. Getting out there in the woods, climbing the the forest walls, and taking it.

Poetry is like that too. You have to know the craft, get out there and take risks, and then just when the time is right.....reach out there and grab it. What is it they say? 99% of good fortune is being ready and working hard, the 1% is luck/timing? Yes. That's exactly right.

Today was a good day. I am having a very hard time settling down for sleeping. It is like I am at a summer camp run by immortals, the great writers of our time. I am in awe at the craft sessions, taking notes furiously. This is odd, even in college I doodled instead of notes. This time, this time I have something and I am working to find my way in the woods to happen upon the perfect light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.