Saturday 24 September 2011

Things I learned on Friday

  • Hauling 6,000 lbs of acorns across the state in a horse trailer makes the truck pulling it rock like a boat. 
  • I get sea sickness in boats
  • acorn dust hates my face
  • That Bruno Mars and Eminem song is viewed by my 6 yo as ruined by the "fussy cussing" part. 
  • Even after listening to top 40 radio all day, I still have yet to hear or at least recognize a Justin Beiber song. 
  • I am a pretty confident grown woman, married to a smoking hot guy- but drunk sorority girls buying more booze at a gas station still have the ability to wither me with their scorn. What's up with that?
  • Detours don't always lead you back to the road that was 22 miles from home, sometimes they take you to Oskaloosa in the pitch black night (an hour away from home).
  • Acorns are heavy.
  • The Iowa City Children's Museum is what the Science Center should aspire to be when it grows up. "Way more better," says the three year old who was the happiest she's even been ever in their flight simulator. We may just have another blue sky warrior in the family. 
  • Cedar Rapids. 
  • That I can, with the kids, haul 6,000 of anything across the state AND maneuver through a fast food drive through to get smoothies. 
  • That many gravel shoulders cannot support pulling over with that kind of load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.