Sunday 4 September 2011

the not yets will fill their childhood until it's gone

I posted over here today as well.

The kids and the farm have me on my toes for sure. I wake up early and basically fall into bed at night utterly exhausted.

One thing I keep in the front of my mind is that their childhood is fleeting and the not yets will fill their childhood until it's gone. So I leave the dishes to sing and dance with them. I make sure we have clean clothes on and combed hair and just scowl at the laundry instead of spending my time with it. My house could be picture perfect, the walls the perfect colour, the floors perfectly shined, but the loss is too great. I only have precious years to spend with them and then it will be gone. So much can happen in a lifetime, too much not to make every single wish flower and kiss blown on the wind count.


the not yets will fill their childhood
  until it''s gone







































My babies will have their childhood filled with laughter, frogs, and silly kisses from their mama. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent points! I needed to hear your words of wisdome over the Holidays....I'm afraid I spent way too much time picking up and cleaning behind and around folks when I should have just sat down and "been" with them. But, it's not too late!! I can choose again, right? Thank you for the great example, and reminders:)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.