Wednesday 11 June 2008

Update on Storms

Iowa is making lots of headlines, but we are still ok, dry, and safe. More tornadoes making their way towards us right now, river still rising, and we still live on a hill.

I'm not worried about our house flooding (if it does, Dearest says we'll have big apologies to make to Global Warming people.....), but rather the power going out, trees falling, or some such.

I'm also worried about friends who are out there in the storm, working to keep us all safe. Worried about friends whose children were at the boy scout camp that a tornado just hit. My prayers are with them tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a real fear of storms, but the weather going on around here and passing into your neck of the woods really has me spooked. I'm glad that you are up on high ground and don't have lots of damage going on. LOL to the apology comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw sad news about the boy scouts. I am hoping that your friends and their children are all safe and accounted for. You keep staying safe and dry!!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.