Thursday 5 June 2008

Random Thoughts: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Today that song, in 5 very different renditions, was playing on 5 different blogs I visited. It was strange. I used to sing that to myself as a child, mess up all the lemondrop words, and get yelled out for annoying the crap out of everyone.

Lemondrop words. That's how I saw the song, in sweet yellows and tangy crystallized notes. It was the first time I remember associating colours with music and words. This is how I write poetry, the words are painted together very carefully. Sometimes I do this with prose too, but not as often. With poetry, meter and rhyme mean less to me than colour spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.