Thursday 14 November 2013

Bathroom Redo on an Actual Dime

 My budget for this project is 10$.

Yes. I said 10$. For ten smackaroos I can buy two gallons of paint from the backroom at my local paint store. High quality paint that usually goes for 50$ a gallon.

I want this room to look like one of those high end fashion magazine bathrooms. My last bathrooms looked like this.......see? That is why I am hopeful. If I could do that, I can make this one cool too, right?

Only this time I have a different agenda. Last time we had this idea of a bed and breakfast and no children. Now, we have a farmhouse, pigs, laundry up to my ears, and three children. Cue the no budget music. Sigh.

So, dear readers, here is what I would like from you. Help me pick the paint colours. Help me find ideas. I'm going to use the Miss Effie method and shop my own house too.

So here are the before shots. The bathroom was a teal green with a sea shell border when we moved in. So I 5$ painted it brown. It is too dark and I hate it. I hate it less than the icky green with sea shells though. Ha!

 I have a set of shelves between the window and the bathtub. I'd like to do something with those too.


I HATE the vanity. Too bad for me. It stays. Ugh. Unless I can find some fabulous thing for free. (sobs)

I can't figure out what to put on the walls for art either. I have a HUGE supply of frames and photographs. It is just that a bathroom is a bit trickier to pick for, you know?



I have a set of 9 cream coloured canvas roman shades to work with. I have a set of pink butterfly knobs and hooks I could paint and use as hardware. I don't hate the floor, but even if I did it stays and it is off white and light greenish blue solid one piece linoleum.



I am also willing to paint the tub and the "chicken feet".

One last thing- the woodwork and trim are off limits. The vanity is crap wood and so is the closet shelf thing, but the door trim and base boards and doors are original and in excellent condition. They are not to be touched. 

So- here is my pinterest profile- please, I beg you, send me ideas. Tell me what you think here.

Danelle Stamps at Pinterest

Thank you, in advance!

2 comments:

  1. I vote something light and complimentary to the wood. Sherwin williams sea salt-ish? Then throw some awesome color onto the tub! a dark mushroom or deep dusty turquoise. and then I'd paint the vanity and around the mirror white, cause all vanities look fresh in white. VOILA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For her bathroom my Mom framed photos of each grandchild playing in the tub (carefully cropped!) which made for really nice bathroom art. Rubber duckies, boats, soapy heads, etc.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.