Monday 20 December 2010

6 Week Update

I am cleared to go driving and lifting all I want. Whoo hoo!

Baby Zap now weighs 6 lbs 13 ounces. I am only 10 away from pre-pregnancy weight as well. So, in that respect, all is good.

I have less frequent headaches, and I suspect that it was from sleep deprivation. I have discovered that a bit of caffination helps and confirmed with the doc that a sip of coffee now and then won't hurt if it helps the headache. If it doesn't a bit of advil does the trick. I think sleep and rest post semester will help more than any of that. Oh, and a long hot bath soaking in yummy bath salts my friend Maggie sent me. That's on the menu for tonight.

Some of you may know that I suffered a bit of depression recently. Adjusting to three wee ones was not the hard part, but dealing with the early delivery and dissappointment in my last chance at a normal birth not working out (ie almost dying) with the addition of the financial stress of not having sold the Des Moines House going into another winter were hard on me. Add a pinch of family drama (on my side of the family, like usual), my brother being overseas, and the isolation of the farm and I was really in need of a helping hand.

And that's what I got. A handful of friends kept the encouragement coming via facebook and blogger and the ladies a church threw a baby shower for me and brought meals. One mama friend chatted with me in the wee hours and the next week brought me tea. I needed this, I prayed for help, and my prayers were answered in many ways, some unexpected.

Chad has been super busy with work and even busier with the farm and livestock. I am sure things would be better if he were at home more, and I keep praying for blizzards and snowpocolypes until I remember....that weather makes him want to go to Walmart or the mall. The rest of the year, he's a homebody but someones says the highways are closing and Chad wants to hop in the truck and go. He's a midwesterner through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.