Friday 30 July 2010

Farm Update, End of July

I'm 24 weeks pregnant. That is hard to imagine for me. I am pretty huge and already getting the, "are you due any day now?" and, "is it twins?" questions/comments. Sigh. I should be used to it by now.

The baby is super active pretty much all day and all night long. That's neat. The girls are getting a kick out of cuddling with my belly and getting kicked by the baby.I feel healthier than I ever have in my entire life, not just while pregnant. It's neat. I am constantly moving, cleaning, canning, or walking (or eating). The sunshine is amazing and the breezes on the farm refreshing.

Speaking of refreshing:

Nothing has been more wonderful than the fresh spearmint sweet tea I brew up and then ice.

Chad's been hard at work on various exterior repairs. I hope we finish caulking this summer so we don't get cluster flies as bad as the past two winters. I think it will probably get done.

The flooding in our county finally affected the pond. Luckily it only lasted a day or so. Though rinse, lather, repeat....you know? A lady I just bought 20 dozen canning jars from said her rain gage measured 40 inches of rain total in June and July. That's a lot of water. The playground in town is pretty destroyed, and that is unfortunate because it was a close by treat for Lil'Bug.

This little critter was found on the back door. Neat. We have had a full summer of finding or being ambushed by funny little bugs and frogs. Identifying them has been Lil'Bug's special job that she and Chad take very seriously. The second part of her task is to teach Blueberry Girl how to hold and release the bugs and frogs gently. That has resulted in Blueberry Girl becoming quite the toad hunter and catcher herself.

Such a summer we have had! We've been eating and canning and eating and jamming what seems like millions of peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.