Friday 2 November 2007

Birthday Girl!

My Lil'Bug is finally 3. She is insisting that she is four when you ask her though. :)
Funny things she still does:
  • She plays with ears, mine or her own, to fall asleep. When she was a baby she would play with her fingers. So cute.
  • She hates shoes. If I turn around she's barefoot before I turn back.
  • She is so wise and kind and full of life.
I am so blessed to have such a child in my life. So, on to the birthday pictures! My sister, Aunt Beezer to Lil'Bug, made a cool three layer tie-dyed style rainbow cake. What a cool surprise. The big day with friends we had planned with only a family party at the end did not really work out as there was another formal birthday party that day and many people felt more comfortable with that idea and then other friends were ill. Lil'Bug was sad, but the few friends that came to art co-op and the science center were very appreciated. The e-card Lil'Bug received made her smile! The family party was good, but Lil'Bug wanted her friends there. I still don't think that the big deal themed parties are a good idea for little kids, but next year will just do one thing instead of making such a big day with so many things. We invited friends over the following Saturday to share the leftover cake. That seemed to make up for it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that cake is AWESOME!

    I hope your little one is enjoying being 3, oh wait, I mean 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Lil' Bug!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.