Saturday 25 October 2014

Day Three in Prague: In which I demonstrate that I can actually take decent architectural photos.......

Day three was so overwhelming and amazing that I can't even remember what I ate. Seriously. Ok, Actually I think I had eggs for breakfast with an amazing Czech bread for toast and then frozen cheese on a stick later.....but I know there was other food somewhere in the day and I cannot remember it at all. Why? Architecture. All of it. And the history. This first picture is the place where thousands of people gathered for the Velvet revolution, Wenceslas_Square, but it was also the site of a great many historical gatherings and protests. The sense of greatness and historical importance was dense in the air.











4 comments:

  1. I just returned from Prague, and I think it´s the most beautiful city in the world! If you love architecture, go to Vinohrady (Metro Station NĂ¡mesti Miru, just two stations from Wenceslas Square). You´ll find street after street with absolutely stunning Art Nouveau houses, most of them very carefully restored. But even the dilapidated ones have wondeful details, like carved doors or stained glass windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got back too, just now have the time to post updates. I did go to Vinohrady though. It was beautiful! I think that was.....the same day we paddle boated? I'll get there.

      Also, we must have been there at the same time maybe? I was there Oct 7/8-16th.

      Delete
    2. I´m sorry I realized too late that you had already returned. I was there Oct 10-20 so maybe I passed you without seeing you because I always looked up the housefronts through my camera!

      Delete
    3. Me too! I was so interested in the buildings, I hardly noticed anyone else. It's a big city too. :)

      Delete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.