Saturday 7 June 2014

In The Silent Gap

I have a lot of work out for consideration, so much in fact that I have nothing right now to submit. I have 4 poems in progress, 4 in revision, about 20 I have deemed the rantings of an unreasonable teenager and shall be left behind (retired) unless I get bored and want to transform them.

So while waiting for rejections or lovely notes of revisions suggestions, there is a silence. Many literary journals are Sept- May term considerations too, so the summer is also a down time.

I plan on filling the gap of radio silence with:
  • Reading books, all the ones on my bedside table. 
  • Taking a kayaking class. Seriously. Fear of boats will be kicked in the rear. Maybe.
  • Take a short nature photography class.
  • Travel to Wisconsin to see the driftless valley.
  • Watch all the new Orange in the New Black, Sherlock, and Luther. Because.
  • Camp outside.
  • Taking photos.
  • Paint something.
  • Write letters on paper with pen and send them USPS. 
  • Cook some new things and remember to blog about them.
  • Oh yeah, I have a blog. Get back to daily posts. 
So, what do you do when patiently waiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.