Wednesday 2 February 2011

Clementine Betrayal

So following the last post, I feel inclined to disclose the Clementine incident.

So, background....if I buy 1 bag of Clementines they all get eaten the first and second day. If I buy two bags of them, then they all get eat the first and second day. Now, I love Clementines, so I understand. So this last time I squirreled away about 10 for myself. I thought I would stealthily indulge on afternoon.....

and I was caught. The look was one of shock. Followed by silence. Then...

"Mom, what is that?"

me: "A Clementine."

"MOM HAS AN ORANGE!!!!!!!"

me: "Hey. Yes. I do."

"YOU SAID WE WERE OUT BECAUSE WE ATE THEM ALL!"

me: "Yes, you ate yours. These are mine."

"YOU LIED!"

me: "No?"

"WE ARE SUPPOSED TO SHARE THE FRUIT."

me: "Yes. And you didn't share with me. So I set these aside."

"BETRAYER!"

Silence.

More silence.

Ever since I have not gone alone into the kitchen. They are quick footed. When we replenished supply, the new pattern is that they get out 3 at a time, one for each of them and one for me, which is nice.

3 comments:

  1. My youngest loves her clementines (or lemontines as she used to call them). She used to tell me that these were baby oranges so they were just for the baby(the baby being her) and not for big people like mommy. I can't keep them in the house. I buy them, they dissappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY to funny. We love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggle ~ my three cats and pup pup come running when I head into the kitchen. me thinks that tells us all something....

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.