Wednesday 29 July 2009

Ok, so the cat caught a really loud mouse last night and tortured it under the bed. It was so loud I thought it was a bat or a bird or possibly a Nutria. Seriously. It woke the baby up too and all she wanted to do was get down to see and her complaints of my efforts to get her back to sleep woke Lil'Bug up. I then woke Chad up to make it stop (kill kitty's victim mercifully) and his antics allowed the tiny little mouse to escape. Then the cat complained loudly for the next two hours.

Let's just leave it at, I am tired. So very tired.

Last night I harvested 5 cabbage heads, 7 zucchinis, a meal worth of green beans, a meals worth of yellow peppers, and a salsa dish worth of tomatoes. Today I will be making pork egg rolls and Nachidotious Meat Pies for the freezer. Yum. Also on the list are pies for my Dad's 2nd visit this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. 5 cabbages - I'm jealous! I am in the midst of my second cabbage worm attack and they have decimated my cabbage and broccoli. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a night on the farm!

    You're making memories, eh?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.