Friday 15 May 2009

Dancing Queen



Last week we visited the DM farmer's market. We did two weeks worth of grocery shopping, fancy cheese included and left with loaded bags. On the way out Lil'Bug sees a guy with a cool guitar and a neat drum and asks please to go dance please! Of course!

Thank you Chris for sending me this link, she is indeed our dancing queen. :)

I've not been blogging, it's true. I apologize. Grades are in and half the garden in the ground. Perhaps I shall find time again. ;)

I have a couple hundred photos to sort and post too which will hopefully come this week.

In other news, despite my insane business, I managed to get something started that I've wanted to do for a while: Simply Food, Nothing Extra. I'm still gathering up local foodies so if you know any, send me a note. I've been reading Iowa mom and farm blogs and there are so many incredible recipes and ideas, all which helped me on my quest to better eating for my family. So why not gather them all up? It is finally out there, beautifully designed by Diana and starting to fill up with incredible recipes. :) Check it out!

We also have the chicken run done (baby chicks are all outside), a new mower and tiller (Yay mother's day! and thank you Nana and Pawpaw) in the garage, and we are in the middle of Spring planting (just 1/2 the beans, all the peppers, brussel sprouts, and squashes left to go in when the rain lets up and I can get a new bed tilled). Also looking for some piglets. Dearest is building a pig hut in preparation.

4 comments:

  1. I’m not sure how much of a “foodie” I am, but I do love to bake and cook! I am trying to grow more of our own food, and make more food from scratch. I love organic all the way. It just tastes soooo much better! I would love to be a part of your team if you’ll have me. I will be trying out some of the yummy recipes to say the least! Great idea!

    This week I made up a couple of batches of rhubarb crisp, yup TWO! That’s how fast the first one disappeared. And I actually altered the second and added strawberries. I wish the strawberries were fresh from the garden, but they weren’t, all the rhubarb however was from the garden, so that was very exciting for me! The rhubarb plants are a couple of years old, so I don’t know how much more I will be able to pick at them this year. However, I’m hoping to harvest some more rhubarb when I visit my parents. They have abundance of rhubarb!

    I am so glad you guys were able to find a beautiful acreage too! Very exciting! I am hoping that we will be able to find an acreage ourselves in a few years. I grew up on a goat farm in western Iowa and miss living in the country immensely, but for now we are working with what we have, which in itself is a lot of work. ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiedi Jo- email me so I have your email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiedi Jo- email me so I have your email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! Our internet was down…my e-mail address is swirlsofcreativity(at)artlover(dot)com

    P.S. That video is awesome with her dancing, so fun!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.