Thursday, 4 November 2010

Simple Pasta Sauce

Diced Tomatoes (that's how I can mine) (2 cups)
Crushed garlic (1 large clove)
Simmer.

That's it. I use that for our homemade pizza and for basic pasta dishes. It tastes fresh and bright.

This week I made an extra fancy version and added 1 diced onion,  2 cups of spinach, and some Italian herbs. Then I added 1 cup of beef bone broth.

With that extra fancy sauce I  made a lasagna. For that I just layered the sauce, ground beef and pork sausage, a cheese mix (mozzarella, Parmesan, and cottage cheese mixed with 4 farm eggs), and noodles- topped with more mozzarella cheese. It was easy, extremely healthy, and so good everyone had seconds (even Blueberry Girl, whose mantra lately has been, "I don't like it!").

2 comments:

  1. oooh love a simple recipe that is so versatile!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love your kitchen sharing:)
    Missing tomato harvest...the northwest had a tough time getting to the finish line, but your post, and memories of past summers have me smiling and happy.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.